HDR, Inc. is accepting applications for a Water Resources Engineer (Bismarck, ND; Sioux Falls, SD; Gillette, WY)
The primary duties of the Water Resources Engineer are to provide project engineering and task management.
- Conduct difficult to complex hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Conduct storm water collection systems modeling and design
- Collect, assimilate, and present data in reports, memos and public forums
- Lead production of design calculations and technical reports
- Lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for design of detention facilities, storm drains, flood control facilities, and other hydraulic structures.
- Work independently as well as plan, organize, and assist groups of medium to large teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task.
- Conduct water resources planning, plan formulation, concept development, and develop planning documentation.
- Assist in water resources permitting efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- 5+ years of experience required.
- PE license required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
- Preference given to local candidates.
- MS degree preferred
- Experience with HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, GEO-RAS, storm drain system analysis preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply click here.