IRPT is honored to be a resource for inland river ports, terminals, and river-borne transportation services. To keep members abreast of technical, operational, economic and security issues affecting inland ports, terminals and river systems, we are pleased to offer a wide variety of webinars for hot topics in our industry.
To register for an upcoming webinar, please choose from the list below. This will prompt you to register for the upcoming webinar and upon registration, it will send you a unique link to join the webinar.
If you need assistance registering for an upcoming webinar or need help accessing a past webinar, please contact Aimee Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, IRPT hosts regional meetings in each of our Basins. Basin meetings are an excellent way for our Members to network, strategize on solutions to common industry concerns and develop a clear path forward for success.
Due to the stinking pandemic of 2020, IRPT's Fall Basin meetings will be held via GoToWebinar. This has been a difficult year for everyone and there is so much information we need to communicate with our Members, as well as give them an opportunity to help steer IRPT activities where they need them.
IRPT is inviting you to our upcoming Basin Meetings. Please use the links below to register for the meeting you prefer:
- Tuesday, September 1st at 10:00 a.m. (central time) Upper Mississippi River Basin meeting Register now!
- Wednesday, September 2nd at 11:00 a.m. (central time) Missouri River Basin meeting Register now!
- Wednesday, September 2nd at 2:00 p.m. (central time): Ohio River Basin meeting, sponsored by Ports of Indiana. Register now!
- Thursday, September 3rd at 10:00 a.m. (central time): Illinois River Basin meeting, sponsored by Howell Tractor and CTLC. Register now!
Over the past year, IRPT has added so many benefits to our Membership, including:
- IRPT Mobile App:
- Navigation notices;
- Career opportunities;
- News blasts and more.
Communication is key as you well know. And unfortunately with the increase in frequency of floods and other river related impacts (lock repairs, droughts, floods, etc.), it has become apparent that IRPT needs to fill the void in the communication structure. We have had a great six months of pushing app notifications so we would like to hear what’s working and what’s not.
- Data inputs and outputs for our industry have been strengthened over the past year, thanks to IRPT’s MOU and continued work with the Army Corps. Where we have made some improvements, much more work needs to be done. For that, we would like to examine:
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) online dashboard;
- Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center port polygon and dock reconciliation work;
- Army Corps MOU and path forward.
Closer Partnerships with Federal and State agencies who operate and maintain not only river related navigation, but landside infrastructure as well, are crucial. The data inputs and resulting outputs is what help drives decision making in Washington that can have both a positive and negative impact on our business.
Other topics we need to cover include:
- Status of IRPT Bill and path forward;
- CISA security assessment;
- So much more.
We value our members and understand their perspective is key to the industry’s healthy growth and operation of the inland river ports, terminals and intermodal centers which contribute to a more efficient national freight transportation system. As IRPT continues to be a voice for the industry as a whole, it is imperative that we connect with our industry leaders and understand their concerns.
If you missed a webinar, or you simply want to watch it again, there's good news for you: All IRPT webinars are recorded so you can access past webinars at your convenience. Simply choose a past webinar from the list below to access the recording.