Ozinga is accepting applications for a Weighmaster & Custom Order Specialist (Lincolnshire, IL)
This position is part of Ozinga Materials & Logistics Service Center. A Weighmaster & Customer Order Clerk will interact with our customers, vendors and haulers within a professional and service orientated environment. This position helps ensure the highest levels of service, satisfaction and profitability. strong organizational and communication skills are utilized to execute and administer the daily scaling of vehicles in and out of our Lincolnshire location. The Customer Order Clerk role is vital to the success and performance of our service center team. They execute and assist in the daily tasks of customer service and order administration.
If you thrive in a multi-tasking environment, have an attention to detail, and enjoy utilizing your organizational skills throughout a fast-paced day, then this position may be for you! Your experience in customer service and ability to keep calm under pressure will lead you to be a successful and an essential key in our supply chain and central dispatch organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treat customers, haulers and co-workers in a friendly, courteous, and serving manner
- Responsible for order taking, order entry, communication with dispatch, logistical awareness, and possessing aggregate product knowledge.
- Accurate and timely entry of data and information into ticketing system
- Responsible for directing inbound trucks to satisfy customer commitments and scaling/ticketing trucks when leaving our site, complying with all Federal and State Weights & Measures laws
- Adhering to and championing Ozinga company values of Service, Learning & Entrepreneurship
- Periodically handling moderate to high truck volumes
- Process customer, driver and hauler inquiries and orders using dispatch system
- Discretionary influence in development of Customer Service Center
- Provide product application recommendation to Customers to ensure customer order satisfaction
- Weigh trucks in and out, verifying proper ordered products and order information, and ensuring compliance with MSHA & DOT legal weight restrictions
- Enter truck information into computer system
- Calculating and processing payments for customers
- Regular attendance and physical presence at work is an essential function of this position
- This job may require additional duties not listed above and the employee may be asked to perform those duties to meet business needs
Education/Specialized Knowledge/Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- General knowledge of sales and dispatch software
- Specific industry experience preferred
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers and haulers
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Bilingual – Preferred (Spanish)
- Operation within a materials yard and operating heavy equipment
- Routine usage of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets
- Customer contact may result in stressful situations
- Travel less than 5%, some field work may be involved; minimal travel out of state
- Extensive email, text and phone communication.
- Extended hours during peak season / as business deems necessary.
- Varied work schedule – split coverage during peak demands.
- General Office Hours – 6:00AM – 3:30PM
- Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while in the yard IE. Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, etc.
Ozinga provides concrete, bulk materials, and energy solutions while offering transportation services through an extensive network of truck, rail, barge, and ship terminals.
With select rail access, 10 river terminals, and hundreds of sourcing locations, Ozinga is always nearby.
Convenient doesn’t only mean easy—when it comes to materials, it can translate to operational efficiency, less lag time or time between jobs, and less transloading of materials. All of this keeps your costs down, which gives you the upper hand on your competitors. And since you can handle the entire process with one provider, you eliminate the headache, delays, and coordination that comes from dealing with multiple parties. With a convenient network of terminals and with barge, truck, and rail services, Ozinga is equipped to offer you the best material handling services to keep your assets safe and to get them where you need them, when you need them.
Ozinga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.