WEIR DEGRADATION - Update 6 December2022 Various Locations Mile 24 - 133 Upper Mississippi River
Notice number: 201674/ 201482-8
Date: Until Further Notice
- USACE contractor, Luhr Brothers, has completed work in the Dogtooth Bend Weir Field, mile 24.2 to 23.2, and at Cape Bend, mile 49.1 UMR.
- Weir degradation work will start on 8 December 2022 within the Vancill Weir Field, mile 69.1 UMR. Work will be performed daily from 0700 to 1700 hours until further notice.
- Upcoming work locations have been identified at:
Fountain Bluff, mile 83.
Kaskaskia, mile 116.7 and 116.6
Ste Genevieve, mile 119.8
Fort Chartres, mile 129.9, 130.0 and 130.6
Establishment, mile 132.7, 132.8, 132.9, and 133.0
- The contact boat for this work is the M/V Jason Luhr. The M/V Jason Luhr can be reached on Marine Channel 13,16, 72, or phone number 573-803-7930.
- No river closures are scheduled, but minor delays may occur. Transiting tows are requested to call the contact boat in advance to make passing arrangement. Southbound tows are requested to make contact, when at river mile 74 UMR, and northbound tows when at river mile 67.0 UMR.
FOR THE DISTRICT ENGINEER:
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager