Fuchs – Terex North America Full Circle Terminal is accepting applications Welder A – 1st Shift (Watertown, SD)
This position works under direct supervision while welding components. Following instruction is key in performing all responsibilities. This position will be responsible for welding equipment. Troubleshoot issues and problems, and escalate complex issues to leadership.
- Adhere to Terex safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to and promote The Terex Way Values
- Interpret welding instructions which includes but not limited to reading and interpreting diagrams, work orders, and reports to welding materials
- Weld metal components and parts using specialized equipment such as gas welders and gas torches
- Use electrical currents to create heat and bond metals
- Set parameters of welders
- Plan work by interpreting blueprints
- Observe tests on welded surfaces to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications
- Use hand tools and equipment in a safe manner to complete assemblies
- Maintain clean work area and participate in 5s standards
- Maintain tools and equipment in working condition
- Actively engage in team problem solving
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Provide skills, training, and mentoring to other Terex team members
- Flex into other areas and departments as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Terex certified 4G Flux Core Welding
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent experience
- Possess solid working knowledge of subject matter
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to accurately read and understand tape measurements
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment such as simple hand tools and hand-powered hydraulic material handling devices
- Understand and demonstrate basic computer skills
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group
Physical Requirements of the Job
Physical requirements of the job are classified as medium to heavy. Physical demand requirements are in excess of light work. Medium to heavy work is defined as:
- 10 to 40 pounds of force frequently, may include pushing, pulling and lifting
- 40 to 100 pounds of force occasionally with assistance of machinery or others to move objects
- Ability to stand on concrete for 10+ hours per shift
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Effectively communicate with all team members
- Function as a team member and contribute to group goals while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Work independently with minimum supervision in a responsible manner
- Recognize potential safety hazards and take appropriate actions to minimize risks
- Maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information
- Demonstrate acceptable attendance for company standard; provides adequate notification; aware of impact on organization
- Take initiative to recognize areas of opportunity and resolve with appropriate action
- Identify problems, works towards root cause elimination utilizing appropriate problem solving methods
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills
- Offer assistance and helps others where needed, backs up others
- Willingness to be flexible to learn new skills based on the need of the company
- Consistently performs to Takt Time or quoted, and meets established metrics by performing quality work in accordance to SOPs for the area with minimal errors
- Work to improve processes within their work area – uses appropriate tools to find and eliminate waste and to reduce overall business costs
- Continuously search for new and better ways of doing things; challenges the status quo and sets stretch goals; works across boundaries to achieve common goals; strives to continuously improve oneself
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For more information and to apply click here.