LB Foster Welders lay out, fit and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms.
- Joins, fabricates and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams, or schematics to determine appropriate welding process
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness
- Perform regular and basic preventative maintenance checks and tasks
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
Skills, Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar and comfortable in working in a heavy steel fabrication environment
- Proficient in reading drawings and working with standard measuring equipment.
- Demonstrate good math skills, including working with fractions and the metric system.
- Welders and Fitters must have professional welding experience or formal training in welding; must also pass AWS bridge code welding test
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently
- A focus on problem solving, safety and teamwork Union Shop.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid holidays/vacation. If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here or visit us at 202 Weber Lane, Bedford, PA 15522.