Welder / Fabricator: TPG Marine in Mount Vernon, Indiana
Located at Mile 828 on the Ohio River in Mt. Vernon, Indiana, Mt. Vernon Barge Service /TPG Marine has provided quality harbor, repair and cleaning services to the Inland Waterways Industry for almost 50 years.
Their facilities combined with its experienced crew of maritime professionals make them one of the finest facilities in the nation.
- Performs inspections on barges upon arrival into the cleaning dock
- Determines and reports any repairs or issues with the barges to the Operations Manager
- Designs a plan to repair the given issues once the customer approves the repairs
- Repairs may include such things as: Inserts Coaming repairs Crack repairs Bending and fabricating of metal to repair certain areas Patches of cracks/holes that can’t be welded appropriately Cover repair (usually fiberglass patching and repair)
- Responsible for the care of the welding machines and any company owned equipment that is used during the repair process
- Reports all issues (equipment, crew, working conditions) that may impact the repair process in a negative fashion
- Performs other duties assigned by Repair Supervisor (when applicable), Operations Manager, or General Manager
All TPG Marine employees are:
Willing to learn from others , Able to read, understand and communicate in English • Able to use basic math • Willing to follow directions • Able to make appropriate decisions • Willing to adhere to rules and regulations • Dependable • Team players • Stable under pressure • Drug and alcohol-free
Apply online: http://www.mvbarge.com/employment/