Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is accepting applications for a Welder – Gulf Coast (Houston, TX)
The Welder is responsible for welding, brazing and metal cutting tasks on pipeline, pipeline fittings, welds machinery, and equipment. This position works under the general administrative supervision of the Dredge Captain, Yard Administrator or Fill Placer. May perform other activities as directed by the Fill Placer or Assistant Fill Placer such as assisting a Shoreman.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The inspection and maintenance of welding tools and equipment and cuts and fits materials for welding
- Orders and maintains all required supplies and materials
- May be called upon to repair, service and maintain hydraulic or hopper dredging equipment and utilize various hand and power tools when drilling, cutting, or burning various materials in the course of fabricating work pieces
- Will encounter various situations where he/she may be required to crawl under, around, over and through spaces to weld certain structures or repair equipment
- May lift, carry, and pull or push items weighing up to 75 lbs. when making repairs, fabricating parts and handling work pieces.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
- Valid State driver’s license
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, or push at equipment or supplies weighing up to 75lbs.
- Must be agile and able to work in confined areas to effectively perform the work tasks required of a Welder
GLDD is a COVID-19 vaccination work environment, and you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before you can access the company's office, yard, project sites, equipment or vessels.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the United States, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers, state, local and foreign governments, and private companies both international and domestic.
Headquartered in Houston, TX, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of ocean going, and inland dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and internationally.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company here.