Ingram Barge is looking for a Welder (Metropolis, IL; Columbus, KY)
Ingram Marine Group is seeking a Welder or Welder Trainee to join the team in our Metropolis, IL location. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of Ingram's fleet of barges. We operate in an environment where flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks and responsibilities keep things interesting! Our team members have an eye for detail and a customer service philosophy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate forklift
- Operate hydraulic crane
- Inspect and pump barges
- Route dock clean up
- Other duties as requested
- What we’re looking for:
- Demonstration of the Ingram Way
- Ability to uphold Ingram’s high safety standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstration of critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and acceptance of diversity
- Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to walk and lift for extended periods; ability to carry more than fifty pounds on a regular basis
Ingram operates 5,000 barges with a fleet of over 80 linehaul vessels and approximately 150 tug/tow boats. The company operates on the Mississippi River, Ohio River, Cumberland River, Tennessee River, Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Kanawha River, Illinois River, and the Monongahela River.
Ingram's fleet is maintained at the highest level of standards and equipment with state-of-the-art navigation & communication technology.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.