Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and nearly 2,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
Do you have at least 1 year of stick welding experience? If so, this could be the job for you!
This job is primarily responsible for designing, fabricating, repairing, and maintaining metal sheet structures on rigs, ships, and barges. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, welding together metal components to repair broken or cracked parts in crane buckets, ship holds, etc.
In this job, you will:
All job duties may or may not be performed by all job incumbents, may vary dependent on assigned department.
- Inspect, measure, adjust and test completed metal work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Read blueprints, work orders or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
- Assemble, align and clamp work pieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- Set up, operate, and maintain welding machines/equipment that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Heat and grind metal parts and components using hand tools, torch, or other welding equipment.
- Fabricate and fit substrates as required.
- Monitor the welding, burning and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
Required –High School Diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding of mechanical maintenance, knowledge of machines and tools, including the designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- General knowledge of many types of tools.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Basic mathematical skills, i.e., add subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to read and understand measurements.
- Ability to follow direction and to use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Here's additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and squat occasionally.
- Ability to use manual dexterity (i.e., grasp, manipulate and assemble small objects).
- Arm/hand steadiness and multi-limb coordination.
- Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
- Ability to work around water.
- Ability to grasp and reach frequently.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products.
- Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
- Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish. We are unable to legally hire anyone who is not eligible to work in the United States nor are we able to sponsor visas.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.