West Side Tractor Sales is accepting applications for a Yard Coordinator in Lafayette, IN.
- Facility Maintenance
- General cleaning and maintenance of facility
- Perimeter maintenance – i.e. pull weeds, tall grass, and unnecessary foliage
- Report in writing any damage to facility/fences/gates
- Snow removal during the winter including shoveling doorways and salting
- Assisting administration with moving files or equipment inside the building
- Properly Prepare Rental and Retailed machines for delivery and Pickup.
- Equipment will be pressure washed to remove all oil, grease and dirt.
- The interior of the operators cab will be cleaned to remove all dirt, grease and debris.
- Floor mats will be cleaned and a paper floor liner inserted.
- Interior surfaces will be wiped down.
- Seat upholstery should be free of grease and dirt.
- Windows will be cleaned inside and out.
- Rental Damage and Inventory Management
- Fill out clearly and precisely company “Move Tickets” on the Canvas application for all equipment entering or leaving the yard for Rental, Trade In or Service Repair... Follow the defined process for reporting equipment damage or missing items via Canvas as well as verbally informing the service manager of same.
- Affix tag numbers or identification to new attachment inventory
- Assist with monthly and annual inventory process for the sales department
- Assist in Parts Department as needed
- Yard Maintenance
- Organize and maintain Equipment, Attachments and other misc. items stored in the yard per the defined yard layout for the location.
- Arranging equipment in yard for display, including the building’s front line. Equipment should be on display for maximum public exposure.
- Putting attachments away on shelves in an orderly manner, and make sure that they can be identified.
- Long standing equipment in the yard should be maintained such as low air pressure, cracked windows, reporting other damage or leaks.
- Washing equipment as needed.
- Delivery Driver
- Transports attachments and small equipment to/from customers and/or between dealership facilities
- Supports the sales department with equipment delivery as needed
- Maintains paperwork as needed related to deliveries
- Participates in West Side’s Safety Program
- Other duties as assigned
- May instruct customers on basic equipment operating procedures as require
Experience, Education, Skills & Knowledge:
- Technical school certificate or relevant work experience
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment
- Strong mechanical skills; Good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team member
- Computer skills in data entry, basic navigation and Internet
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record based upon company policy
Physical Requirements of this position:
- Ability to lift, manipulate, and move items weighing upwards of 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb, reach, kneel and squat as required by assigned task
- Noise level is generally loud
- Exposure to dust, fumes, gases and chemicals
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about West Side Tractor Sales here.