B.L. Duke is accepting applications for a Yard Laborer (Forest View, IL).
BL Duke, Inc, is seeking a full-time Yard Laborer to join our team. This position will manually sort material to achieve company goals, under the direction of the operations supervisor. Position is located at our Forest View facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to stand on your feet for extended amount of time
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet department and company goals while adhering to all company, safety and health policies
- Views, grades, and sorts material
- Familiarize yourself with the different metals
- Facilitates a safe and clean work environment
- Sorting and moving recycled metal/material into appropriate areas
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the recycling area and yard outside
- Removing debris, rubble, and hazardous materials from job sites.
- Help maintain equipment, such as baler
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions such as extreme heat or cold, dusty, dirty and/or wet conditions
- Demonstrate understanding of company policies, rules, and trainings
- Ability to perform physical tasks of the job such as frequent bending, standing, lifting (50 lbs.)
- Able to fulfill flexible scheduling requirements as determined by the manager and/or business needs of the operation
- Other manual labor that does not involve the operation of heavy equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proven demolition or construction experience.
- A state-issued blaster’s license is preferred.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools, heavy machinery, and explosives.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Good physical stamina.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to lift/push/carry items more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently loud noise (examples: metal can manufacturing, large earth-moving equipment)
- Frequently very loud noise (example: jack hammer work)
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Hourly wage with the opportunity of overtime at time and a half.
$500 sign on bonus after 90 days.
B.L. Duke, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
B.L. Duke is full-service ferrous and non-ferrous metal recycler and processor. Founded in 2000, we’re committed to revolutionizing the scrap metal recycling industry through innovation, game-changing efficiencies, and cutting-edge technology. Today, we’re a mill direct supplier of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, fiber and plastics offering two convenient recycling facilities to serve you in Forest View, IL and Joliet, IL.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.