J.F. Brennan Company is accepting applications for a Yard Laborer in La Crosse, WI.
Are you an individual who is reliable, hardworking and likes to work outdoors?
Brennan is hiring a Yard Laborer who is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations in the ship and equipment yard.
Yard Laborer Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, preparing, loading and delivering materials and using a variety of tools and machines, such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers and water spraying equipment.
- Lubricate and perform general maintenance on the equipment.
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures.
- Assists in the loading of barges.
- Performs duties related to the loading and unloading semi-tractor trailers.
- Performs general clean-up of shop including sweeping, painting and other general housekeeping duties.
Yard Laborer Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid drivers license
- Previous experience with using a variety of tools and machines, such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers and water spraying equipment.
- Able to perform basic math functions and read and understand measurements.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, on computers and other electronic devices
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safetyand quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan Company here.