Ozinga is accepting applications for a Yard Worker (Doral, FL)
Summary: The Yard Worker is responsible for ensuring raw materials are properly received, stored, and loaded for production. This position is also responsible for performing routine maintenance on plant equipment and ensuring that the yard area is properly maintained and organized.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• To offload material to the plant, silos, or bulker trucks from railcars, trucks, and barges
• Assist machine operators in and around yard with loading, unloading, sorting, and maintaining all work areas
• Operation of rubber tire loader and fork-lift
• Move products to and from storage areas, docks, vehicles, or containers by hand or using other equipment
• Sort products based on specifications; close attention to detail in attaching tags and marking products for identification
• Clean and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment, the driver’s room, bathrooms, warehouse, bins, carts, and other containers; maintain equipment storage to ensure inventory is protected
• Flexible in work assignments, open to working in multiple areas and locations as necessary to get the job done
• Active listening to receive oral instructions and read work orders to complete work assignments
• Accurate recording and maintaining of work tickets/orders as instructed
• Consistently maintain all safety precautions, using all safety gear and protective equipment
• Participate in training courses to successfully operate barge unloading equipment
• Operate a skid steer both on the ground and inside a barge
• Assist with loading and unloading cement products off barges
• Regular attendance and physical presence at work is an essential function of this position
• This job may require additional duties not listed above and the employee may be asked to perform those duties to meet business needs
Education/Specialized Knowledge/Professional Certifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Knowledge on safe operation of a forklift, manlift, and front-end loader
• Specific Industry related experience preferred
• Experience with general or routine maintenance tasks
• Ability to operate a forklift, manlift, and front-end loader
• Demonstrated ability to follow instruction and work independently
• Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to read, write and distinguish colors
• Majority of work performed outside
• Exposure to elements of weather including heat, cold, rain and dust
• Occasionally/frequently exposed to rough, muddy, walking surface
• Intermittent exposure to high noise levels and vibration
• Frequent exposure to moving parts/pieces of equipment.
• Frequent exposure to cement, lime, concrete, admixtures, dust, diesel fuel, and other substances that may cause burns, be toxic or explosive if handled incorrectly
• Frequent exposure to water and wet conditions
• Occasional bending, stooping, and kneeling
• Frequent periods of extended sitting
• Occasional need to climb heights of up to 60 feet
• Occasional need to stretch, reach and grab
• Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
• Frequent use of foot pressure to operate clutch and transmission
• Occasional periods of walking across uneven surfaces
Ozinga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Ozinga provides concrete, bulk materials, and energy solutions while offering transportation services through an extensive network of truck, rail, barge, and ship terminals.
With select rail access, 10 river terminals, and hundreds of sourcing locations, Ozinga is always nearby.
Convenient doesn’t only mean easy—when it comes to materials, it can translate to operational efficiency, less lag time or time between jobs, and less transloading of materials. All of this keeps your costs down, which gives you the upper hand on your competitors. And since you can handle the entire process with one provider, you eliminate the headache, delays, and coordination that comes from dealing with multiple parties. With a convenient network of terminals and with barge, truck, and rail services, Ozinga is equipped to offer you the best material handling services to keep your assets safe and to get them where you need them, when you need them.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.